Introducing Options Trading
Robinhood offers a commission-free and intuitive options trading experience to all investors – not just the wealthy
Three years ago, we launched commission-free equity trading, paving the way for millions of Americans to participate in the financial system. Since then, we’ve committed ourselves to expanding our platform, and making more financial services available to everyone by driving down costs. Today, we are excited to announce the launch of commission-free options trading, a tool many of you have requested on Robinhood.
Options trading on Robinhood is designed to be a cost-effective and seamless experience, and is available starting today with a full release expected in 2018. Get early access here.
- No Commission Fees
- No commission and no per contract fee upon buying or selling options, as well as no exercise or assignment fees. Currently, options traders pay up to $6.95 + $0.75/contract and up to $19.99 upon exercising and assignment. As with equities, the execution of options is purely electronic, making commission fees a thing of the past.
- Advanced Options Strategies
- Level 2 self-directed options strategies (buying calls and puts, selling covered calls and puts) as well as Level 3 self-directed options strategies such as fixed-risk spreads (credit spreads, iron condors), and other advanced trading strategies are available.
- Pricing Filter
- Robinhood’s proprietary Pricing Filter streamlines the options tables, removing potentially misleading or superfluous information and hides options with little volume or liquidity where you may receive an unfair fill.
- Redesigned Experience
- We redesigned the options trading experience by replacing traditional, complicated options tables with a more intuitive design, highlighting the most important information.
- Free, Real-Time Market Data
- As for Robinhood equity investors, market data for options investors streams in real-time and is free of charge.
Last month, we released Robinhood for Web, complete with powerful research and discovery tools to help you make better-informed decisions, as well as a portfolio transfer service so you can move your outside portfolios to Robinhood.
Stay tuned for more updates!
The Robinhood Team