As we get ready to close out 2019, first and foremost we want to say thank you to each and every one of our customers for another incredible year.
We believe participation is power, and with your continued passion, support, and feedback, more than 10 million people are now able to access the financial markets through Robinhood.
This year, we introduced a range of new products and features so you can do more with your money, including:
- Cash Management: Invest, spend, and earn interest with a competitive Annual Percentage Yield (APY)* that is 1.80% as of October 30, 2019. This feature is rolling out to customers now.
- Fractional Shares: Rolling out this week, this gives you the flexibility to invest as little as $1 or as much as you want in the companies or ETFs you believe in.
- Robinhood Crypto: We continued to expand our crypto offering. You can now buy & sell seven cryptocurrencies commission-free in 46 states and Washington, D.C.
We believe access to financial information is key to making confident investment decisions, so we introduced more resources to keep you informed, including:
- Robinhood Snacks: Get digestible and entertaining financial news with our newsletter and podcast.
- Robinhood Gold: Premium members now have access to professional research from Morningstar and Level II market data from Nasdaq.
- Robinhood’s fully rebuilt newsfeed: Access comprehensive finance news from trusted news sources such as The Wall Street Journal, Reuters, and Barron’s – right in the app. Our newsfeed also delivers ad-free, uninterrupted news videos from CNN Business, Cheddar, and Reuters.
Breaking Down Barriers
In 2019, we also saw exciting industry-wide change that removed a needless barrier for millions when some of the biggest brokerages followed our lead by dropping their commission fees. This change we pioneered is promising, but our work is far from done.
As we look forward to 2020, we’ll continue to challenge the industry and create a more level playing field for everyone – whether you’re a first time or seasoned investor. And, we’ll continue bringing Robinhood to even more customers in the US, and our first customers in the UK!
Happy New Year!
The Robinhood Team
*Cash Management is an additional feature offered as part of your Robinhood Financial LLC brokerage account. The Annual Percentage Yield (APY) is paid by program banks and might change at any time at the program banks’ discretion. Interest is earned on uninvested cash swept from your brokerage account to the program banks. Neither Robinhood Financial LLC nor any of its affiliates are banks. The debit card is issued by Sutton Bank, member FDIC, pursuant to a license by Mastercard® International, Incorporated.